The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Takaful House (DU: DTKF ), which rose 14.93% or 0.100 points to trade at 0.770 at the close. Air Arabia PJSC (DU: AIRA ) added 1.94% or 0.020 points to end at 1.050 and Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) was up 1.60% or 0.011 points to 0.699 in late trade.
Biggest losers included National Central Cooling Co. (DU: TABR ), which lost 3.83% or 0.070 points to trade at 1.760 in late trade. Dubai Investments PJSC (DU: DINV ) declined 2.94% or 0.060 points to end at 1.980 and Emaar Development PJSC (DU: EMAARDEV ) shed 1.95% or 0.100 points to 5.040.
The top performers on the ADX General were Sharjah Islami (AD: SIB ) which rose 3.36% to 1.230, Sharjah Group Co (AD: SG ) which was up 2.27% to settle at 1.35 and Dana Gas (AD: DANA ) which gained 1.96% to close at 1.040.
The worst performers were Rak Cmt & Cons (AD: RAKC ) which was down 9.80% to 0.920 in late trade, Gulf Cement Co (AD: GCEM ) which lost 6.80% to settle at 0.9600 and Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which was down 4.76% to 1.200 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 24 to 7 and 1 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 11 fell and 9 advanced, while 6 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was up 0.50% or 0.35 to $70.73 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September rose 1.01% or 0.74 to hit $74.14 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract fell 0.11% or 1.40 to trade at $1243.00 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.01% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED fell 0.11% to 4.2838.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.22% at 94.69.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.