The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ), which rose 1.52% or 0.020 points to trade at 1.340 at the close. Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) added 0.91% or 0.008 points to end at 0.890 and Dubai Financial Market PJSC (DU: DFM ) was up 0.90% or 0.010 points to 1.120 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Mashreqbank PSC (DU: MASB ), which lost 5.45% or 3.95 points to trade at 68.55 in late trade. Amlak Finance PJSC (DU: AMLK ) declined 1.94% or 0.020 points to end at 1.010 and Emaar Malls (DU: EMAA ) shed 1.87% or 0.040 points to 2.100.
The top performers on the ADX General were International Holding Company PJSC (AD: IHC ) which rose 2.07% to 1.48, Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which was up 1.72% to settle at 0.590 and Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which gained 1.49% to close at 0.6800.
The worst performers were Al Khaleej Investment Co PJSC (AD: KICO ) which was down 7.69% to 2.40 in late trade, Dana Gas (AD: DANA ) which lost 4.17% to settle at 0.690 and Rak Cmt & Cons (AD: RAKC ) which was down 4.00% to 0.960 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 18 to 14 and 8 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 11 fell and 7 advanced, while 11 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for February delivery was up 0.63% or 0.36 to $57.58 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in February rose 0.55% or 0.35 to hit $63.76 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract rose 0.09% or 1.10 to trade at $1266.60 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was down 0.00% to 3.6729, while EUR/AED rose 0.24% to 4.3378.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.11% at 93.13.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.