The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Deyaar Development PJSC (DU: DEYR ), which rose 2.18% or 0.012 points to trade at 0.562 at the close. Amanat Holdings PJSC (DU: AMANT ) added 1.40% or 0.020 points to end at 1.450 and Emaar Development PJSC (DU: EMAARDEV ) was up 1.23% or 0.070 points to 5.740 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ), which lost 7.00% or 0.140 points to trade at 1.860 in late trade. DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ) declined 3.95% or 0.026 points to end at 0.633 and ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ) shed 2.30% or 0.100 points to 4.250.
The top performers on the ADX General were Waha Capital (AD: WAHA ) which rose 8.46% to 2.180, Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which was up 5.41% to settle at 0.780 and Gulf Cement Co (AD: GCEM ) which gained 3.92% to close at 1.0600.
The worst performers were Nat Bk Qaiwain (AD: NBQ ) which was down 10.00% to 2.70 in late trade, Union Cement (AD: UCC ) which lost 9.94% to settle at 1.450 and Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which was down 5.17% to 0.550 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 22 to 10 and 8 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 15 fell and 11 advanced, while 7 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for March delivery was up 0.17% or 0.11 to $64.58 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in March fell 0.17% or 0.12 to hit $69.84 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract rose 0.94% or 12.60 to trade at $1349.30 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.00% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED rose 0.30% to 4.5300.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.42% at 89.50.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.