The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Emirate Integrated Telecom Co PJSC (DU: DU ), which rose 1.81% or 0.090 points to trade at 5.050 at the close. Islamic Arab Insurance Company (DU: SALAMA ) added 1.57% or 0.008 points to end at 0.516 and Union Properties PJSC (DU: UPRO ) was up 1.12% or 0.010 points to 0.900 in late trade.
Biggest losers included ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ), which lost 5.35% or 0.230 points to trade at 4.070 in late trade. Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) declined 3.17% or 0.028 points to end at 0.854 and National Central Cooling Co. (DU: TABR ) shed 2.12% or 0.040 points to 1.850.
The top performers on the ADX General were Agthia Group (AD: AGTH ) which rose 4.29% to 5.11, Bank Of Sharja (AD: BOS ) which was up 1.72% to settle at 1.180 and Ad Aviation (AD: ADAV ) which gained 1.67% to close at 3.050.
The worst performers were National Takaful Co PJSC (AD: WATA ) which was down 4.44% to 0.43 in late trade, Ad Shipbldg Co (AD: ADSB ) which lost 4.00% to settle at 1.920 and Emirates Telec (AD: ETEL ) which was down 2.03% to 16.85 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 23 to 10 and 5 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 12 fell and 6 advanced, while 9 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for February delivery was up 0.09% or 0.05 to $58.41 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in February rose 0.22% or 0.14 to hit $65.04 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract rose 0.67% or 8.50 to trade at $1279.10 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was down 0.01% to 3.6726, while EUR/AED fell 0.13% to 4.3552.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.04% at 92.88.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.