The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ), which rose 4.11% or 0.017 points to trade at 0.431 at the close. Union Properties PJSC (DU: UPRO ) added 1.25% or 0.010 points to end at 0.810 and Dubai Financial Market PJSC (DU: DFM ) was up 0.93% or 0.010 points to 1.080 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Takaful House (DU: DTKF ), which lost 5.59% or 0.038 points to trade at 0.642 in late trade. Damac Properties Dubai Co PSC (DU: DAMAC ) declined 2.51% or 0.060 points to end at 2.330 and Dubai Investments PJSC (DU: DINV ) shed 2.44% or 0.050 points to 2.000.
The top performers on the ADX General were National Takaful Co PJSC (AD: WATA ) which rose 5.56% to 0.57, Invest Bank AD (AD: INVB ) which was up 4.17% to settle at 2.500 and Waha Capital (AD: WAHA ) which gained 2.33% to close at 1.760.
The worst performers were Ras Al Khaimah Poultry and Feeding Co (AD: RAKP ) which was down 9.84% to 1.65 in late trade, Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which lost 3.39% to settle at 0.570 and Sharjah Cement AD (AD: SCID ) which was down 2.00% to 0.980 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 21 to 12 and 5 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 9 fell and 9 advanced, while 7 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for July delivery was up 0.19% or 0.13 to $66.86 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in August rose 0.46% or 0.35 to hit $75.84 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract fell 0.17% or 2.20 to trade at $1296.80 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED rose 0.82% to 4.2718.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.56% at 94.28.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.