The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ), which rose 1.75% or 0.070 points to trade at 4.070 at the close. DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ) added 1.05% or 0.004 points to end at 0.385 and Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ) was up 1.04% or 0.010 points to 0.970 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ), which lost 4.84% or 0.090 points to trade at 1.770 in late trade. Damac Properties Dubai Co PSC (DU: DAMAC ) declined 3.80% or 0.090 points to end at 2.280 and Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) shed 1.95% or 0.013 points to 0.654.
The top performers on the ADX General were Gulf Pharm Ind (AD: GPHI ) which rose 6.16% to 2.240, Methaq (AD: METH ) which was up 5.13% to settle at 0.820 and Gulf Cement Co (AD: GCEM ) which gained 2.13% to close at 0.9600.
The worst performers were Union Insurance Co PSC (AD: UNIN ) which was down 9.49% to 1.43 in late trade, Sharjah Group Co (AD: SG ) which lost 8.73% to settle at 1.15 and Abd Nat Takafu (AD: TKFL ) which was down 4.35% to 4.40 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 24 to 12 and 4 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 13 fell and 7 advanced, while 7 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was up 0.11% or 0.07 to $64.97 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in August fell 0.13% or 0.10 to hit $74.98 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract fell 0.27% or 3.40 to trade at $1275.20 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.01% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED fell 0.23% to 4.2470.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.15% at 94.79.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.