The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ), which rose 4.07% or 0.070 points to trade at 1.790 at the close. Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ) added 2.55% or 0.050 points to end at 2.010 and Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) was up 2.03% or 0.018 points to 0.905 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Gulf General Investments Company (DU: GGIC ), which lost 2.53% or 0.010 points to trade at 0.385 in late trade. DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ) declined 1.98% or 0.013 points to end at 0.642 and Amlak Finance PJSC (DU: AMLK ) shed 1.92% or 0.020 points to 1.020.
The top performers on the ADX General were Ad Shipbldg Co (AD: ADSB ) which rose 14.78% to 2.330, Foodco Holding PJSC (AD: FOOD ) which was up 9.30% to settle at 4.70 and Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which gained 3.13% to close at 0.6600.
The worst performers were Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which was down 8.70% to 0.420 in late trade, Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which lost 4.76% to settle at 0.600 and Methaq (AD: METH ) which was down 3.75% to 0.770 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 18 to 13 and 7 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 15 fell and 8 advanced, while 4 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for December delivery was down 1.29% or 0.72 to $54.98 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in January fell 1.30% or 0.81 to hit $61.40 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract rose 0.25% or 3.15 to trade at $1286.05 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED rose 0.39% to 4.3499.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.32% at 93.42.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.