The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ), which rose 5.00% or 0.090 points to trade at 1.890 at the close. Union Properties PJSC (DU: UPRO ) added 4.50% or 0.031 points to end at 0.720 and Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) was up 2.78% or 0.017 points to 0.629 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ), which lost 10.00% or 0.081 points to trade at 0.729 in late trade. Amlak Finance PJSC (DU: AMLK ) declined 5.53% or 0.041 points to end at 0.701 and Gulf General Investments Company (DU: GGIC ) shed 5.36% or 0.015 points to 0.265.
The top performers on the ADX General were Union Insurance Co PSC (AD: UNIN ) which rose 13.29% to 1.79, Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which was up 7.55% to settle at 0.570 and Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which gained 5.77% to close at 1.100.
The worst performers were Eshraq Properties Co PJSC (AD: ESHR ) which was down 9.68% to 0.5600 in late trade, Rak Properties (AD: RPRO ) which lost 1.56% to settle at 0.630 and Union Natl Bk (AD: UNB ) which was down 1.37% to 3.600 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 24 to 12 and 2 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 12 rose and 10 declined, while 3 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was up 0.78% or 0.55 to $71.08 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September rose 0.80% or 0.61 to hit $76.75 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract fell 0.06% or 0.80 to trade at $1259.10 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.01% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED fell 0.20% to 4.2697.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.16% at 94.51.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.