The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Gulf General Investments Company (DU: GGIC ), which rose 5.37% or 0.013 points to trade at 0.255 at the close. DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ) added 2.36% or 0.009 points to end at 0.390 and National Central Cooling Co. (DU: TABR ) was up 1.72% or 0.030 points to 1.770 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ), which lost 5.10% or 0.035 points to trade at 0.651 in late trade. Emaar Malls (DU: EMAA ) declined 4.93% or 0.110 points to end at 2.120 and Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ) shed 3.39% or 0.040 points to 1.140.
The top performers on the ADX General were Sharjah Cement AD (AD: SCID ) which rose 10.48% to 1.160, Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which was up 6.90% to settle at 0.620 and Abd Nat Takafu (AD: TKFL ) which gained 4.44% to close at 4.70.
The worst performers were Invest Bank AD (AD: INVB ) which was down 9.81% to 1.930 in late trade, Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which lost 6.94% to settle at 0.670 and National Marine Dredging PSC (AD: NMDC ) which was down 5.94% to 3.010 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 17 to 12 and 6 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 14 fell and 10 advanced, while 9 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for June delivery was up 0.30% or 0.20 to $67.45 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in July fell 0.12% or 0.09 to hit $73.04 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract rose 0.29% or 3.80 to trade at $1310.60 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.00% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED fell 0.78% to 4.4085.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.08% at 92.21.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.