The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Amanat Holdings PJSC (DU: AMANT ), which rose 1.50% or 0.020 points to trade at 1.350 at the close. Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ) added 0.96% or 0.010 points to end at 1.050 and ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ) was up 0.74% or 0.030 points to 4.090 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ), which lost 4.99% or 0.02 points to trade at 0.32 in late trade. Emaar Properties PJSC (DU: EMAR ) declined 3.59% or 0.210 points to end at 5.640 and Emaar Malls (DU: EMAA ) shed 1.86% or 0.040 points to 2.110.
The top performers on the ADX General were Ad Aviation (AD: ADAV ) which rose 5.36% to 2.950, Methaq (AD: METH ) which was up 3.90% to settle at 0.800 and Gulf Cement Co (AD: GCEM ) which gained 2.86% to close at 1.0800.
The worst performers were Nat Bk Qaiwain (AD: NBQ ) which was down 9.76% to 2.68 in late trade, Invest Bank AD (AD: INVB ) which lost 4.26% to settle at 2.250 and Dana Gas (AD: DANA ) which was down 2.04% to 0.960 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 25 to 9 and 6 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 12 fell and 7 advanced, while 9 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for May delivery was up 1.37% or 0.91 to $67.43 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in June rose 1.20% or 0.86 to hit $72.44 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract rose 0.21% or 2.80 to trade at $1352.30 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.00% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED rose 0.08% to 4.5486.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.07% at 89.28.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.