The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Amanat Holdings PJSC (DU: AMANT ), which rose 2.29% or 0.030 points to trade at 1.340 at the close. Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ) added 1.50% or 0.020 points to end at 1.350 and Emirate Integrated Telecom Co PJSC (DU: DU ) was up 1.22% or 0.060 points to 4.990 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ), which lost 7.00% or 0.140 points to trade at 1.860 in late trade. ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ) declined 5.31% or 0.250 points to end at 4.460 and Emaar Properties PJSC (DU: EMAR ) shed 3.74% or 0.270 points to 6.950.
The top performers on the ADX General were Gulf Medical Projects Co PSC (AD: GMPC ) which rose 14.68% to 2.50, Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which was up 7.94% to settle at 0.680 and Abu Dhabi National Hotels Co (AD: ADNH ) which gained 7.41% to close at 2.90.
The worst performers were Nat Bk Qaiwain (AD: NBQ ) which was down 6.67% to 2.80 in late trade, Ad Natl Ins Co (AD: ADNI ) which lost 5.26% to settle at 3.600 and Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which was down 5.00% to 0.570 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 25 to 10 and 4 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 20 fell and 7 advanced, while 7 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for January delivery was down 0.04% or 0.02 to $56.58 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in February rose 0.06% or 0.04 to hit $62.48 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract rose 0.78% or 9.70 to trade at $1258.30 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED rose 0.03% to 4.3455.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.02% at 93.42.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.