The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ), which rose 4.32% or 0.040 points to trade at 0.965 at the close. Islamic Arab Insurance Company (DU: SALAMA ) added 4.26% or 0.027 points to end at 0.661 and DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ) was up 0.28% or 0.001 points to 0.361 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ), which lost 5.11% or 0.090 points to trade at 1.670 in late trade. Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ) declined 4.69% or 0.019 points to end at 0.386 and Damac Properties Dubai Co PSC (DU: DAMAC ) shed 4.43% or 0.090 points to 1.940.
The top performers on the ADX General were Gulf Pharm Ind (AD: GPHI ) which rose 1.00% to 2.020, Eshraq Properties Co PJSC (AD: ESHR ) which was up 0.53% to settle at 0.5710 and Methaq (AD: METH ) which gained 0.26% to close at 0.778.
The worst performers were Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which was down 5.56% to 0.680 in late trade, Agthia Group (AD: AGTH ) which lost 3.75% to settle at 3.85 and Union Natl Bk (AD: UNB ) which was down 2.44% to 4.800 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 26 to 7 and 5 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 16 fell and 3 advanced, while 6 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for November delivery was down 1.72% or 1.26 to $71.91 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in December fell 1.88% or 1.56 to hit $81.53 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract rose 1.14% or 13.60 to trade at $1207.00 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.01% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED rose 0.47% to 4.2506.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.37% at 94.87.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.