The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Takaful House (DU: DTKF ), which rose 10.14% or 0.140 points to trade at 1.520 at the close. Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ) added 6.17% or 0.140 points to end at 2.410 and Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) was up 2.69% or 0.023 points to 0.878 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Union Properties PJSC (DU: UPRO ), which lost 1.92% or 0.020 points to trade at 1.020 in late trade. Air Arabia PJSC (DU: AIRA ) declined 1.85% or 0.020 points to end at 1.060 and Amlak Finance PJSC (DU: AMLK ) shed 1.80% or 0.020 points to 1.090.
The top performers on the ADX General were Ad Aviation (AD: ADAV ) which rose 10.29% to 3.000, Eshraq Properties Co PJSC (AD: ESHR ) which was up 2.54% to settle at 1.2100 and Natl Bk Of Rak (AD: RAKB ) which gained 1.91% to close at 4.79.
The worst performers were Ad Islamic Bk (AD: ADIB ) which was down 6.98% to 3.600 in late trade, Al Khazna Ins (AD: AKIC ) which lost 4.76% to settle at 0.400 and Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which was down 3.33% to 0.580 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 19 to 10 and 7 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 12 fell and 10 advanced, while 3 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for May delivery was up 0.04% or 0.02 to $53.10 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in June rose 0.07% or 0.04 to hit $56.02 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract rose 0.46% or 5.75 to trade at $1259.65 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.01% to 3.6731, while EUR/AED rose 0.15% to 3.8975.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.15% at 100.79.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.