The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were National Central Cooling Co. (DU: TABR ), which rose 3.77% or 0.080 points to trade at 2.200 at the close. Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ) added 1.33% or 0.01 points to end at 0.76 and Damac Properties Dubai Co PSC (DU: DAMAC ) was up 1.01% or 0.030 points to 2.990 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ), which lost 3.78% or 0.090 points to trade at 2.290 in late trade. Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ) declined 3.02% or 0.013 points to end at 0.418 and SHUAA Capital PSC (DU: SHUA ) shed 2.22% or 0.030 points to 1.320.
The top performers on the ADX General were Nat Bk Qaiwain (AD: NBQ ) which rose 5.45% to 2.90, Insurance Hous (AD: IH ) which was up 3.75% to settle at 0.830 and Methaq (AD: METH ) which gained 3.53% to close at 0.880.
The worst performers were United Arab Bk (AD: UAB ) which was down 6.67% to 1.400 in late trade, Dana Gas (AD: DANA ) which lost 4.41% to settle at 0.650 and Sharjah Islami (AD: SIB ) which was down 4.35% to 1.320 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 25 to 8 and 5 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 16 fell and 8 advanced, while 7 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was down 1.91% or 0.85 to $43.58 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in August fell 1.92% or 0.90 to hit $46.01 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract rose 0.02% or 0.26 to trade at $1246.96 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was down 0.00% to 3.6729, while EUR/AED rose 0.02% to 4.0957.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.08% at 97.31.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.