The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Takaful House (DU: DTKF ), which rose 14.84% or 0.190 points to trade at 1.470 at the close. Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) added 9.64% or 0.080 points to end at 0.910 and Islamic Arab Insurance Company (DU: SALAMA ) was up 3.21% or 0.015 points to 0.483 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Air Arabia PJSC (DU: AIRA ), which lost 1.79% or 0.020 points to trade at 1.100 in late trade. Dubai Financial Market PJSC (DU: DFM ) declined 1.55% or 0.020 points to end at 1.270 and Emaar Malls (DU: EMAA ) shed 1.12% or 0.030 points to 2.650.
The top performers on the ADX General were Foodco Holding PJSC (AD: FOOD ) which rose 8.33% to 6.50, Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which was up 7.55% to settle at 0.570 and Finance House (AD: FH ) which gained 4.43% to close at 1.650.
The worst performers were Em Driving Co (AD: DRIV ) which was down 10.00% to 8.64 in late trade, Ad Shipbldg Co (AD: ADSB ) which lost 8.18% to settle at 2.920 and Ad Aviation (AD: ADAV ) which was down 6.21% to 2.720 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 17 to 14 and 6 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 14 fell and 12 advanced, while 6 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for May delivery was up 0.66% or 0.34 to $51.49 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in June rose 0.81% or 0.44 to hit $54.80 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract rose 0.42% or 5.25 to trade at $1253.75 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.01% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED fell 0.03% to 3.9175.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.04% at 100.50.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.