The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ), which rose 10.62% or 0.310 points to trade at 3.230 at the close. Amlak Finance PJSC (DU: AMLK ) added 2.65% or 0.025 points to end at 0.970 and SHUAA Capital PSC (DU: SHUA ) was up 1.67% or 0.020 points to 1.220 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ), which lost 2.61% or 0.060 points to trade at 2.240 in late trade. Islamic Arab Insurance Company (DU: SALAMA ) declined 2.54% or 0.011 points to end at 0.422 and Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) shed 2.22% or 0.020 points to 0.881.
The top performers on the ADX General were Union Cement (AD: UCC ) which rose 8.33% to 1.300, United Arab Bk (AD: UAB ) which was up 7.14% to settle at 1.500 and Gulf Cement Co (AD: GCEM ) which gained 3.41% to close at 0.9100.
The worst performers were Ad Shipbldg Co (AD: ADSB ) which was down 8.71% to 2.620 in late trade, Union Natl Bk (AD: UNB ) which lost 5.32% to settle at 4.450 and Rak Ceramics (AD: RKCE ) which was down 4.00% to 2.400 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 16 to 15 and 4 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 15 fell and 8 advanced, while 6 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was down 0.32% or 0.15 to $46.92 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September fell 0.40% or 0.20 to hit $49.48 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract rose 0.57% or 6.98 to trade at $1226.18 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was down 0.01% to 3.6729, while EUR/AED fell 0.19% to 4.1664.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.09% at 96.04.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.