The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ), which rose 2.80% or 0.150 points to trade at 5.500 at the close. Mashreqbank PSC (DU: MASB ) added 2.67% or 2.00 points to end at 77.00 and Damac Properties Dubai Co PSC (DU: DAMAC ) was up 2.12% or 0.060 points to 2.890 in late trade.
Biggest losers included DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ), which lost 4.72% or 0.050 points to trade at 1.010 in late trade. SHUAA Capital PSC (DU: SHUA ) declined 4.12% or 0.070 points to end at 1.630 and Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) shed 4.10% or 0.050 points to 1.170.
The top performers on the ADX General were United Arab Bk (AD: UAB ) which rose 3.24% to 1.910, Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which was up 1.23% to settle at 0.820 and Aldar Properti (AD: ALDR ) which gained 0.85% to close at 2.370.
The worst performers were First Gulf Bk (AD: FGB ) which was down 8.70% to 12.60 in late trade, Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which lost 8.20% to settle at 0.560 and Natl Bk Of Ad (AD: NBAD ) which was down 4.21% to 10.25 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 24 to 8 and 4 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 14 fell and 4 advanced, while 8 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for April delivery was down 2.45% or 1.23 to $49.05 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in May fell 2.33% or 1.24 to hit $51.87 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract fell 0.38% or 4.55 to trade at $1204.85 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6729, while EUR/AED rose 0.20% to 3.8788.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.03% at 102.08.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.