The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ), which rose 3.70% or 0.050 points to trade at 1.400 at the close. AJMAN BANK PJSC (DU: AJBNK ) added 3.48% or 0.040 points to end at 1.190 and Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ) was up 2.13% or 0.016 points to 0.767 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ), which lost 9.91% or 0.11 points to trade at 1.00 in late trade. DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ) declined 5.02% or 0.048 points to end at 0.909 and SHUAA Capital PSC (DU: SHUA ) shed 2.65% or 0.040 points to 1.470.
The top performers on the ADX General were Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which rose 1.75% to 0.580, Waha Capital (AD: WAHA ) which was up 1.10% to settle at 1.830 and Aldar Properti (AD: ALDR ) which gained 0.90% to close at 2.250.
The worst performers were Union Cement (AD: UCC ) which was down 10.00% to 1.170 in late trade, Gulf Cement Co (AD: GCEM ) which lost 6.12% to settle at 0.9200 and Gulf Pharm Ind (AD: GPHI ) which was down 4.26% to 2.250 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 18 to 15 and 5 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 9 fell and 4 advanced, while 13 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for June delivery was up 1.20% or 0.55 to $46.43 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in July rose 1.11% or 0.54 to hit $49.27 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract rose 0.74% or 9.04 to trade at $1225.14 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was down 0.00% to 3.6729, while EUR/AED fell 0.09% to 3.9913.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.03% at 99.48.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.