The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Union Properties PJSC (DU: UPRO ), which rose 1.78% or 0.017 points to trade at 0.970 at the close. Deyaar Development PJSC (DU: DEYR ) added 1.54% or 0.008 points to end at 0.529 and Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ) was up 1.19% or 0.005 points to 0.426 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ), which lost 6.72% or 0.160 points to trade at 2.220 in late trade. Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ) declined 2.00% or 0.030 points to end at 1.470 and Air Arabia PJSC (DU: AIRA ) shed 1.92% or 0.020 points to 1.020.
The top performers on the ADX General were National Takaful Co PJSC (AD: WATA ) which rose 13.79% to 0.66, Sharjah Islami (AD: SIB ) which was up 4.55% to settle at 1.380 and Union Cement (AD: UCC ) which gained 4.00% to close at 1.300.
The worst performers were National Bank of Fujairah PJSC (AD: NBF ) which was down 8.81% to 3.00 in late trade, Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which lost 8.62% to settle at 0.530 and Dana Gas (AD: DANA ) which was down 4.11% to 0.700 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 20 to 13 and 3 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 16 fell and 9 advanced, while 6 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for July delivery was up 0.54% or 0.24 to $44.70 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in August rose 0.81% or 0.38 to hit $47.30 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract rose 0.09% or 1.19 to trade at $1255.79 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6729, while EUR/AED rose 0.45% to 4.1120.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.35% at 97.16.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.