The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were National Cement Company P.S.C. (DU: NCC ), which rose 5.00% or 0.150 points to trade at 3.150 at the close. Damac Properties Dubai Co PSC (DU: DAMAC ) added 2.36% or 0.070 points to end at 3.040 and Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ) was up 1.39% or 0.020 points to 1.460 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ), which lost 3.56% or 0.03 points to trade at 0.73 in late trade. Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ) declined 3.54% or 0.014 points to end at 0.381 and SHUAA Capital PSC (DU: SHUA ) shed 3.31% or 0.040 points to 1.170.
The top performers on the ADX General were Ad Shipbldg Co (AD: ADSB ) which rose 14.80% to 2.870, Commercial Bank International (AD: CBI ) which was up 14.29% to settle at 1.280 and Rak Ceramics (AD: RKCE ) which gained 8.23% to close at 2.500.
The worst performers were Eshraq Properties Co PJSC (AD: ESHR ) which was down 8.74% to 0.9400 in late trade, Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which lost 3.61% to settle at 0.800 and Dana Gas (AD: DANA ) which was down 2.90% to 0.670 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 26 to 10 and 3 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 11 fell and 8 advanced, while 5 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was up 0.45% or 0.19 to $42.72 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in August rose 0.67% or 0.30 to hit $45.12 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract rose 0.45% or 5.58 to trade at $1251.38 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was down 0.01% to 3.6728, while EUR/AED fell 0.04% to 4.1005.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.01% at 97.23.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.