The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ), which rose 2.11% or 0.030 points to trade at 1.450 at the close. Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) added 1.85% or 0.020 points to end at 1.100 and Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ) was up 1.25% or 0.040 points to 3.230 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ), which lost 2.10% or 0.01 points to trade at 0.70 in late trade. Damac Properties Dubai Co PSC (DU: DAMAC ) declined 1.79% or 0.060 points to end at 3.300 and Emaar Properties PJSC (DU: EMAR ) shed 1.40% or 0.110 points to 7.770.
The top performers on the ADX General were Sharjah Cement AD (AD: SCID ) which rose 13.68% to 1.080, Int Fish Farmi (AD: ASMK ) which was up 7.14% to settle at 1.50 and National Takaful Co PJSC (AD: WATA ) which gained 6.06% to close at 0.70.
The worst performers were Fujairah Cement Industries Co PSC (AD: FCI ) which was down 9.65% to 1.030 in late trade, Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which lost 8.54% to settle at 0.750 and Union Cement (AD: UCC ) which was down 6.92% to 1.210 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 17 to 12 and 6 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 12 fell and 12 advanced, while 7 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was up 1.57% or 0.71 to $45.84 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September rose 1.51% or 0.72 to hit $48.51 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract rose 0.12% or 1.47 to trade at $1223.17 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was down 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED rose 0.16% to 4.1764.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.13% at 95.85.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.