The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were AJMAN BANK PJSC (DU: AJBNK ), which rose 0.85% or 0.010 points to trade at 1.190 at the close. Emaar Malls (DU: EMAA ) added 0.80% or 0.020 points to end at 2.530 and Emaar Properties PJSC (DU: EMAR ) was up 0.27% or 0.020 points to 7.300 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ), which lost 9.93% or 0.044 points to trade at 0.399 in late trade. Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ) declined 9.04% or 0.075 points to end at 0.755 and Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ) shed 6.82% or 0.09 points to 1.23.
The top performers on the ADX General were Finance House (AD: FH ) which rose 11.11% to 1.600, Union Cement (AD: UCC ) which was up 8.33% to settle at 1.300 and Gulf Pharm Ind (AD: GPHI ) which gained 4.25% to close at 2.210.
The worst performers were Nat Bk Qaiwain (AD: NBQ ) which was down 7.14% to 2.60 in late trade, Dana Gas (AD: DANA ) which lost 4.55% to settle at 0.420 and Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which was down 3.39% to 0.570 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 25 to 6 and 5 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 20 fell and 4 advanced, while 7 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for June delivery was up 2.17% or 0.99 to $46.51 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in July rose 2.17% or 1.05 to hit $49.43 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract rose 0.03% or 0.41 to trade at $1229.01 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was down 0.00% to 3.6728, while EUR/AED rose 0.14% to 4.0397.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.19% at 98.42.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.