The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were SHUAA Capital PSC (DU: SHUA ), which rose 14.72% or 0.240 points to trade at 1.870 at the close. Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) added 3.42% or 0.040 points to end at 1.210 and Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ) was up 2.21% or 0.03 points to 1.39 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Dubai Investments PJSC (DU: DINV ), which lost 6.45% or 0.160 points to trade at 2.320 in late trade. Damac Properties Dubai Co PSC (DU: DAMAC ) declined 2.42% or 0.070 points to end at 2.820 and Dubai Financial Market PJSC (DU: DFM ) shed 2.22% or 0.030 points to 1.320.
The top performers on the ADX General were Commercial Bank International (AD: CBI ) which rose 9.39% to 1.980, Union Cement (AD: UCC ) which was up 8.47% to settle at 1.280 and Ad Shipbldg Co (AD: ADSB ) which gained 6.30% to close at 2.700.
The worst performers were National Marine Dredging PSC (AD: NMDC ) which was down 9.82% to 4.500 in late trade, Buhaira Nat In (AD: ABNI ) which lost 9.24% to settle at 2.160 and Sharjah Cement AD (AD: SCID ) which was down 1.90% to 1.030 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 17 to 13 and 8 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 13 fell and 7 advanced, while 10 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for April delivery was down 1.79% or 0.88 to $48.40 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in May fell 1.71% or 0.89 to hit $51.30 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract rose 0.10% or 1.25 to trade at $1204.45 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED rose 0.88% to 3.9194.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.59% at 101.38.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.