The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Dubai Financial Market PJSC (DU: DFM ), which rose 1.46% or 0.020 points to trade at 1.390 at the close. Emaar Malls (DU: EMAA ) added 0.78% or 0.020 points to end at 2.600 and Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ) was up 0.61% or 0.010 points to 1.650 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Air Arabia PJSC (DU: AIRA ), which lost 8.63% or 0.120 points to trade at 1.270 in late trade. Union Properties PJSC (DU: UPRO ) declined 6.19% or 0.070 points to end at 1.060 and Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) shed 5.74% or 0.070 points to 1.150.
The top performers on the ADX General were Finance House (AD: FH ) which rose 9.88% to 1.890, Gulf Pharm Ind (AD: GPHI ) which was up 9.86% to settle at 2.340 and Gulf Cement Co (AD: GCEM ) which gained 3.88% to close at 1.0700.
The worst performers were Union Cement (AD: UCC ) which was down 6.98% to 1.200 in late trade, Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which lost 6.06% to settle at 0.620 and Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which was down 4.49% to 0.8500 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 31 to 8; on the Abu Dhabi, 14 fell and 6 advanced, while 7 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for March delivery was up 0.97% or 0.51 to $52.85 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in April rose 0.98% or 0.54 to hit $55.66 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract rose 0.27% or 3.35 to trade at $1242.85 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was down 0.00% to 3.6729, while EUR/AED fell 0.10% to 3.9252.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.11% at 100.25.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.