The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Takaful House (DU: DTKF ), which rose 3.42% or 0.040 points to trade at 1.210 at the close. ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ) added 2.67% or 0.130 points to end at 5.000 and Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) was up 2.59% or 0.024 points to 0.949 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Emaar Properties PJSC (DU: EMAR ), which lost 3.79% or 0.290 points to trade at 7.360 in late trade. Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ) declined 2.14% or 0.020 points to end at 0.914 and Emirates NBD PJSC (DU: ENBD ) shed 2.05% or 0.170 points to 8.130.
The top performers on the ADX General were National Corp Tourism Hotels (AD: NCTH ) which rose 14.83% to 3.33, Ad Shipbldg Co (AD: ADSB ) which was up 2.63% to settle at 2.730 and Agthia Group (AD: AGTH ) which gained 2.38% to close at 6.45.
The worst performers were Umm Al Qaiwain Cement Industries Co PSC (AD: QIC ) which was down 9.52% to 0.9500 in late trade, Commercial Bank International (AD: CBI ) which lost 8.59% to settle at 1.810 and Em Driving Co (AD: DRIV ) which was down 8.11% to 8.50 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 23 to 7 and 7 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 16 fell and 9 advanced, while 12 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for April delivery was up 0.36% or 0.19 to $53.39 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in May rose 0.29% or 0.16 to hit $56.17 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract fell 0.09% or 1.05 to trade at $1224.45 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.01% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED fell 0.09% to 3.8839.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.08% at 101.75.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.