The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ), which rose 1.52% or 0.080 points to trade at 5.330 at the close. Amanat Holdings PJSC (DU: AMANT ) added 0.93% or 0.010 points to end at 1.080 and Dubai National Insurance (DU: DNIN ) was unchanged 0.00% or 0.000 points to 2.750 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ), which lost 9.69% or 0.087 points to trade at 0.811 in late trade. Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ) declined 7.28% or 0.033 points to end at 0.420 and Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) shed 5.93% or 0.051 points to 0.809.
The top performers on the ADX General were Umm Al Qaiwain Cement Industries Co PSC (AD: QIC ) which rose 14.68% to 1.2500, Commercial Bank International (AD: CBI ) which was up 12.18% to settle at 1.750 and Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which gained 5.88% to close at 0.900.
The worst performers were Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which was down 10.00% to 0.540 in late trade, Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which lost 8.57% to settle at 0.6400 and Dana Gas (AD: DANA ) which was down 4.44% to 0.430 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 33 to 3 and 3 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 16 fell and 8 advanced, while 7 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for May delivery was unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to $53.18 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in June rose 0.02% or 0.01 to hit $55.64 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract rose 0.90% or 11.55 to trade at $1289.65 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6729, while EUR/AED unchanged 0.00% to 3.8979.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.43% at 100.49.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.