United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General down 0.03%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Monday, as gains in the Insurance , Consumer Staples and Transport sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Finance & Investment , Telecoms and Real Estate & Construction sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General lost 0.03% to hit a new 52-week low, while the ADX General index climbed 0.04%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Islamic Arab Insurance Company (DU: SALAMA ), which rose 5.45% or 0.038 points to trade at 0.735 at the close. Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ) added 5.37% or 0.051 points to end at 1.000 and Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ) was up 4.05% or 0.016 points to 0.411 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Dubai Investments PJSC (DU: DINV ), which lost 2.41% or 0.040 points to trade at 1.620 in late trade. Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) declined 2.26% or 0.014 points to end at 0.605 and Damac Properties Dubai Co PSC (DU: DAMAC ) shed 2.08% or 0.040 points to 1.880.
The top performers on the ADX General were Gulf Pharm Ind (AD: GPHI ) which rose 10.00% to 2.200, Eshraq Properties Co PJSC (AD: ESHR ) which was up 5.18% to settle at 0.6090 and Abu Dhabi National Hotels Co (AD: ADNH ) which gained 5.02% to close at 3.35.
The worst performers were Rak Cmt & Cons (AD: RAKC ) which was down 10.00% to 0.900 in late trade, Ad Natl Ins Co (AD: ADNI ) which lost 6.67% to settle at 3.500 and Ad Commercial (AD: ADCB ) which was down 1.29% to 7.63 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 19 to 15 and 3 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 15 rose and 7 declined, while 9 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for November delivery was up 0.70% or 0.50 to $71.84 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in December rose 0.94% or 0.76 to hit $81.19 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract rose 1.02% or 12.50 to trade at $1234.50 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.01% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED rose 0.33% to 4.2598.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.26% at 94.69.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or