United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General down 0.11%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Finance & Investment , Transport and Telecoms sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Consumer Staples , Real Estate & Construction and Banking sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General declined 0.11%, while the ADX General index gained 0.50%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Dubai Investments PJSC (DU: DINV ), which rose 4.08% or 0.080 points to trade at 2.040 at the close. Amlak Finance PJSC (DU: AMLK ) added 2.32% or 0.017 points to end at 0.750 and Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) was up 1.78% or 0.012 points to 0.688 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ), which lost 5.14% or 0.110 points to trade at 2.030 in late trade. Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ) declined 2.90% or 0.029 points to end at 0.971 and Emaar Properties PJSC (DU: EMAR ) shed 2.16% or 0.110 points to 4.980.
The top performers on the ADX General were Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which rose 4.13% to 1.260, Eshraq Properties Co PJSC (AD: ESHR ) which was up 1.54% to settle at 0.6600 and First Abu Dhabi Bank PJSC (AD: FAB ) which gained 1.21% to close at 12.55.
The worst performers were National Bank of Fujairah PJSC (AD: NBF ) which was down 8.17% to 2.81 in late trade, Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which lost 3.39% to settle at 0.5700 and Waha Capital (AD: WAHA ) which was down 2.76% to 1.760 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 21 to 17 and 3 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 11 fell and 6 advanced, while 8 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was down 0.63% or 0.47 to $73.64 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September fell 2.17% or 1.71 to hit $77.15 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract fell 0.34% or 4.30 to trade at $1251.10 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED fell 0.29% to 4.3028.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.23% at 94.07.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or