United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General down 0.17%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Monday, as gains in the Real Estate & Construction , Services and Banking sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Finance & Investment , Insurance and Telecoms sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General fell 0.17% to hit a new 6-month low, while the ADX General index added 0.56%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ), which rose 3.40% or 0.026 points to trade at 0.790 at the close. Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ) added 2.26% or 0.01 points to end at 0.54 and Emaar Development PJSC (DU: EMAARDEV ) was up 1.78% or 0.100 points to 5.710 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Takaful House (DU: DTKF ), which lost 9.99% or 0.088 points to trade at 0.793 in late trade. Dubai Investments PJSC (DU: DINV ) declined 2.13% or 0.050 points to end at 2.300 and Amlak Finance PJSC (DU: AMLK ) shed 2.10% or 0.020 points to 0.933.
The top performers on the ADX General were Union Cement (AD: UCC ) which rose 14.29% to 1.360, Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which was up 11.86% to settle at 0.660 and Ad Shipbldg Co (AD: ADSB ) which gained 10.33% to close at 2.030.
The worst performers were Commercial Bank International (AD: CBI ) which was down 9.62% to 0.940 in late trade, National Bank of Fujairah PJSC (AD: NBF ) which lost 8.64% to settle at 3.70 and Al Khazna Ins (AD: AKIC ) which was down 3.57% to 0.270 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 16 to 13 and 11 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 15 rose and 5 declined, while 6 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for March delivery was up 1.76% or 1.04 to $60.24 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in April rose 1.43% or 0.90 to hit $63.69 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract rose 0.51% or 6.70 to trade at $1322.40 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED rose 0.30% to 4.5073.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.17% at 90.07.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or