United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General down 0.23%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Services , Consumer Staples and Transport sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Finance & Investment , Telecoms and Banking sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General fell 0.23% to hit a new 1-month low, while the ADX General index climbed 0.07%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Amlak Finance PJSC (DU: AMLK ), which rose 3.85% or 0.040 points to trade at 1.080 at the close. Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ) added 2.43% or 0.009 points to end at 0.379 and Deyaar Development PJSC (DU: DEYR ) was up 1.63% or 0.008 points to 0.498 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ), which lost 3.91% or 0.050 points to trade at 1.230 in late trade. Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) declined 2.24% or 0.020 points to end at 0.874 and Commercial Bank of Dubai P.S.C. (DU: CBD ) shed 1.75% or 0.070 points to 3.930.
The top performers on the ADX General were Al Khaleej Investment Co PJSC (AD: KICO ) which rose 13.85% to 4.44, Agthia Group (AD: AGTH ) which was up 2.82% to settle at 5.10 and Dana Gas (AD: DANA ) which gained 1.41% to close at 0.720.
The worst performers were Umm Al Qaiwain Cement Industries Co PSC (AD: QIC ) which was down 9.92% to 1.1800 in late trade, Eshraq Properties Co PJSC (AD: ESHR ) which lost 2.53% to settle at 0.7700 and Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which was down 1.52% to 0.6500 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 17 to 16 and 5 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 10 fell and 5 advanced, while 12 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for November delivery was down 0.17% or 0.09 to $52.13 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in December fell 0.46% or 0.27 to hit $58.16 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract fell 0.36% or 4.71 to trade at $1306.79 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED fell 0.50% to 4.3300.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.39% at 92.80.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or