United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General down 0.29%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Consumer Staples , Banking and Real Estate & Construction sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Transport , Services and Finance & Investment sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General lost 0.29%, while the ADX General index gained 0.52%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ), which rose 2.94% or 0.020 points to trade at 0.700 at the close. DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ) added 1.58% or 0.007 points to end at 0.451 and Air Arabia PJSC (DU: AIRA ) was up 0.83% or 0.010 points to 1.210 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ), which lost 8.85% or 0.03 points to trade at 0.34 in late trade. AJMAN BANK PJSC (DU: AJBNK ) declined 3.81% or 0.040 points to end at 1.010 and ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ) shed 3.33% or 0.140 points to 4.060.
The top performers on the ADX General were Fujairah Cement Industries Co PSC (AD: FCI ) which rose 10.09% to 1.200, Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which was up 1.79% to settle at 1.140 and Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which gained 1.64% to close at 0.6200.
The worst performers were Ras Al Khaimah Poultry and Feeding Co (AD: RAKP ) which was down 10.00% to 2.70 in late trade, Ad Aviation (AD: ADAV ) which lost 5.72% to settle at 2.800 and Abd Nat Takafu (AD: TKFL ) which was down 4.58% to 5.00 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 24 to 10 and 5 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 12 fell and 8 advanced, while 10 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for May delivery was up 0.05% or 0.03 to $66.25 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in June unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to hit $71.42 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract fell 0.41% or 5.60 to trade at $1345.10 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.00% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED fell 0.07% to 4.5450.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.03% at 89.17.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or