United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General down 0.37%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Sunday, as gains in the Consumer Staples , Insurance and Finance & Investment sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Services , Real Estate & Construction and Transport sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General lost 0.37%, while the ADX General index gained 0.38%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were AJMAN BANK PJSC (DU: AJBNK ), which rose 1.87% or 0.017 points to trade at 0.927 at the close. Emaar Development PJSC (DU: EMAARDEV ) added 1.23% or 0.060 points to end at 4.920 and Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) was up 1.12% or 0.007 points to 0.633 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Amanat Holdings PJSC (DU: AMANT ), which lost 4.27% or 0.050 points to trade at 1.120 in late trade. Gulf General Investments Company (DU: GGIC ) declined 2.44% or 0.006 points to end at 0.240 and National Central Cooling Co. (DU: TABR ) shed 2.37% or 0.040 points to 1.650.
The top performers on the ADX General were National Bank of Fujairah PJSC (AD: NBF ) which rose 14.86% to 3.40, Rak Cmt & Cons (AD: RAKC ) which was up 14.81% to settle at 0.930 and Abu Dhabi National Hotels Co (AD: ADNH ) which gained 14.29% to close at 4.00.
The worst performers were Ooredoo QSC (AD: ORDS ) which was down 10.00% to 63.00 in late trade, Union Insurance Co PSC (AD: UNIN ) which lost 9.77% to settle at 1.20 and Fujairah Building Industries Co PSC (AD: FBI ) which was down 9.62% to 1.41 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 16 to 11 and 6 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 0 fell and 0 advanced on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for December delivery was down 1.30% or 0.83 to $62.86 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in January fell 0.44% or 0.32 to hit $72.57 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract fell 0.11% or 1.40 to trade at $1234.60 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.01% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED fell 0.18% to 4.1830.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.22% at 96.29.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or