United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General down 0.44%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Insurance , Real Estate & Construction and Services sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Finance & Investment , Banking and Telecoms sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General declined 0.44%, while the ADX General index added 0.27%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Emirates NBD PJSC (DU: ENBD ), which rose 6.51% or 0.550 points to trade at 9.000 at the close. Deyaar Development PJSC (DU: DEYR ) added 6.01% or 0.034 points to end at 0.600 and Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ) was up 2.69% or 0.02 points to 0.61 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Dubai Islamic Bank (DU: DISB ), which lost 4.59% or 0.300 points to trade at 6.230 in late trade. AJMAN BANK PJSC (DU: AJBNK ) declined 1.77% or 0.020 points to end at 1.110 and Dubai Investments PJSC (DU: DINV ) shed 1.61% or 0.040 points to 2.440.
The top performers on the ADX General were Rak Cmt & Cons (AD: RAKC ) which rose 6.74% to 0.950, Waha Capital (AD: WAHA ) which was up 3.86% to settle at 2.150 and Al Khazna Ins (AD: AKIC ) which gained 3.70% to close at 0.280.
The worst performers were Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which was down 3.80% to 0.7600 in late trade, Ad Shipbldg Co (AD: ADSB ) which lost 2.50% to settle at 1.950 and Union Natl Bk (AD: UNB ) which was down 2.23% to 3.950 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 19 to 15 and 6 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 12 fell and 12 advanced, while 6 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for March delivery was down 0.76% or 0.50 to $65.06 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in April fell 0.39% or 0.27 to hit $68.93 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract rose 0.28% or 3.70 to trade at $1344.00 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED rose 0.24% to 4.5579.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.24% at 88.96.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or