United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General down 0.49%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Monday, as gains in the Banking , Insurance and Telecoms sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Services , Real Estate & Construction and Consumer Staples sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General declined 0.49%, while the ADX General index climbed 0.37%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Emaar Malls (DU: EMAA ), which rose 1.36% or 0.030 points to trade at 2.230 at the close. Deyaar Development PJSC (DU: DEYR ) added 1.23% or 0.007 points to end at 0.577 and ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ) was up 0.69% or 0.030 points to 4.350 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ), which lost 10.00% or 0.120 points to trade at 1.080 in late trade. Amanat Holdings PJSC (DU: AMANT ) declined 2.80% or 0.040 points to end at 1.390 and Gulf General Investments Company (DU: GGIC ) shed 2.47% or 0.010 points to 0.395.
The top performers on the ADX General were United Arab Bk (AD: UAB ) which rose 10.00% to 1.870, Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which was up 8.77% to settle at 0.620 and Ad Natl Ins Co (AD: ADNI ) which gained 2.67% to close at 3.850.
The worst performers were Commercial Bank International (AD: CBI ) which was down 8.57% to 0.960 in late trade, Al Khaleej Investment Co PJSC (AD: KICO ) which lost 8.33% to settle at 2.20 and Insurance Hous (AD: IH ) which was down 8.24% to 0.780 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 22 to 10 and 8 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 12 fell and 12 advanced, while 8 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for February delivery was down 0.08% or 0.05 to $64.25 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in March fell 0.13% or 0.09 to hit $69.78 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract rose 0.61% or 8.10 to trade at $1343.00 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.00% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED rose 0.66% to 4.5060.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.44% at 90.22.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or