United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General down 0.59%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Services , Finance & Investment and Insurance sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Transport , Consumer Staples and Real Estate & Construction sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General declined 0.59%, while the ADX General index added 0.02%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Gulf General Investments Company (DU: GGIC ), which rose 5.52% or 0.016 points to trade at 0.306 at the close. Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ) added 4.00% or 0.080 points to end at 2.080 and National Central Cooling Co. (DU: TABR ) was up 1.14% or 0.020 points to 1.770 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Commercial Bank of Dubai P.S.C. (DU: CBD ), which lost 4.76% or 0.200 points to trade at 4.000 in late trade. AJMAN BANK PJSC (DU: AJBNK ) declined 2.91% or 0.030 points to end at 1.000 and Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) shed 2.88% or 0.020 points to 0.675.
The top performers on the ADX General were Waha Capital (AD: WAHA ) which rose 2.25% to 1.820, Agthia Group (AD: AGTH ) which was up 2.07% to settle at 4.94 and Ad Commercial (AD: ADCB ) which gained 1.87% to close at 7.64.
The worst performers were Gulf Medical Projects Co PSC (AD: GMPC ) which was down 10.00% to 1.62 in late trade, National Takaful Co PJSC (AD: WATA ) which lost 2.67% to settle at 0.73 and Dana Gas (AD: DANA ) which was down 1.83% to 1.070 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 26 to 5 and 8 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 11 fell and 8 advanced, while 11 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for July delivery was down 0.24% or 0.16 to $65.94 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in August fell 0.52% or 0.40 to hit $76.06 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract fell 0.13% or 1.70 to trade at $1301.50 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was down 0.01% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED rose 0.01% to 4.3289.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.02% at 93.58.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or