United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General down 0.84%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Transport , Finance & Investment and Telecoms sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Consumer Staples , Insurance and Banking sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General lost 0.84%, while the ADX General index gained 0.15%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were AJMAN BANK PJSC (DU: AJBNK ), which rose 2.04% or 0.020 points to trade at 1.000 at the close. ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ) added 1.25% or 0.050 points to end at 4.050 and SHUAA Capital PSC (DU: SHUA ) was up 0.98% or 0.010 points to 1.030 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Commercial Bank of Dubai P.S.C. (DU: CBD ), which lost 6.93% or 0.280 points to trade at 3.760 in late trade. Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ) declined 6.08% or 0.110 points to end at 1.700 and DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ) shed 4.16% or 0.016 points to 0.369.
The top performers on the ADX General were Gulf Cement Co (AD: GCEM ) which rose 4.11% to 0.9370, Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which was up 2.86% to settle at 0.720 and Rak Properties (AD: RPRO ) which gained 1.98% to close at 0.618.
The worst performers were Ad Shipbldg Co (AD: ADSB ) which was down 8.93% to 1.020 in late trade, Rak Ceramics (AD: RKCE ) which lost 1.72% to settle at 2.290 and Dana Gas (AD: DANA ) which was down 1.67% to 1.180 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 25 to 8 and 3 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 12 fell and 9 advanced, while 6 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for November delivery was down 0.05% or 0.04 to $75.19 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in December fell 0.13% or 0.11 to hit $84.69 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract fell 0.06% or 0.70 to trade at $1206.30 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED fell 0.03% to 4.2403.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.08% at 95.21.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or