United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General down 0.89%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Consumer Staples , Insurance and Telecoms sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Real Estate & Construction , Finance & Investment and Transport sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General declined 0.89%, while the ADX General index added 1.30%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ), which rose 2.76% or 0.011 points to trade at 0.410 at the close. Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) added 1.68% or 0.011 points to end at 0.664 and National Central Cooling Co. (DU: TABR ) was up 0.57% or 0.010 points to 1.760 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ), which lost 2.91% or 0.060 points to trade at 2.000 in late trade. Gulf General Investments Company (DU: GGIC ) declined 2.55% or 0.007 points to end at 0.268 and Emirates NBD PJSC (DU: ENBD ) shed 1.87% or 0.200 points to 10.500.
The top performers on the ADX General were First Abu Dhabi Bank PJSC (AD: FAB ) which rose 4.26% to 12.25, Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which was up 3.45% to settle at 0.600 and International Holding Company PJSC (AD: IHC ) which gained 2.19% to close at 1.40.
The worst performers were Ras Al Khaimah Poultry and Feeding Co (AD: RAKP ) which was down 8.57% to 1.60 in late trade, Green Crs Ins (AD: GCIC ) which lost 8.47% to settle at 0.540 and Nat Bk Qaiwain (AD: NBQ ) which was down 8.28% to 2.66 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 22 to 7 and 10 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 17 fell and 9 advanced, while 4 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for July delivery was down 0.60% or 0.43 to $71.77 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in July fell 0.80% or 0.64 to hit $78.93 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract rose 0.32% or 4.10 to trade at $1296.10 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6731, while EUR/AED fell 0.59% to 4.3006.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.41% at 93.89.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or