United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General down 1.27%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Sunday, as gains in the Insurance , Services and Transport sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Real Estate & Construction , Banking and Consumer Staples sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General lost 1.27% to hit a new 52-week low, while the ADX General index added 0.63%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ), which rose 3.41% or 0.022 points to trade at 0.668 at the close. AJMAN BANK PJSC (DU: AJBNK ) added 1.84% or 0.017 points to end at 0.943 and Islamic Arab Insurance Company (DU: SALAMA ) was up 1.60% or 0.010 points to 0.634 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Emaar Properties PJSC (DU: EMAR ), which lost 3.23% or 0.160 points to trade at 4.790 in late trade. Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ) declined 2.69% or 0.050 points to end at 1.810 and Amlak Finance PJSC (DU: AMLK ) shed 2.58% or 0.017 points to 0.643.
The top performers on the ADX General were United Arab Bk (AD: UAB ) which rose 4.17% to 1.250, Gulf Cement Co (AD: GCEM ) which was up 4.04% to settle at 0.9260 and Em Driving Co (AD: DRIV ) which gained 2.94% to close at 7.00.
The worst performers were Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which was down 9.79% to 0.433 in late trade, Methaq (AD: METH ) which lost 3.12% to settle at 0.775 and Dana Gas (AD: DANA ) which was down 2.52% to 1.160 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 28 to 8 and 1 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 14 fell and 11 advanced, while 4 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for November delivery was unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to $68.77 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in November fell 0.09% or 0.07 to hit $78.11 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract fell 0.82% or 9.90 to trade at $1198.30 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was down 0.01% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED fell 0.58% to 4.2689.
The US Dollar Index Futures was unchanged 0.00% at 94.50.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or