United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General up 0.06%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Sunday, as gains in the Insurance , Real Estate & Construction and Telecoms sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Services , Consumer Staples and Banking sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General rose 0.06%, while the ADX General index lost 0.94%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Takaful House (DU: DTKF ), which rose 9.69% or 0.062 points to trade at 0.702 at the close. Islamic Arab Insurance Company (DU: SALAMA ) added 6.60% or 0.028 points to end at 0.452 and Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) was up 2.99% or 0.020 points to 0.689 in late trade.
Biggest losers included National Central Cooling Co. (DU: TABR ), which lost 2.42% or 0.040 points to trade at 1.610 in late trade. SHUAA Capital PSC (DU: SHUA ) declined 1.96% or 0.020 points to end at 1.000 and ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ) shed 1.82% or 0.080 points to 4.320.
The top performers on the ADX General were Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which rose 4.42% to 1.180, Methaq (AD: METH ) which was up 3.07% to settle at 0.773 and Union Natl Bk (AD: UNB ) which gained 1.09% to close at 3.700.
The worst performers were National Takaful Co PJSC (AD: WATA ) which was down 10.00% to 0.45 in late trade, Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which lost 7.80% to settle at 0.461 and Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which was down 5.33% to 0.710 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 17 to 16 and 4 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 16 fell and 4 advanced, while 6 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for October delivery was down 0.48% or 0.34 to $69.91 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in November fell 0.42% or 0.33 to hit $77.69 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract rose 0.16% or 1.90 to trade at $1206.90 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED fell 0.52% to 4.2631.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.43% at 95.05.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or