United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General up 0.06%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Transport , Services and Finance & Investment sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Consumer Staples , Real Estate & Construction and Telecoms sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General added 0.06%, while the ADX General index declined 0.22%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ), which rose 4.84% or 0.230 points to trade at 4.980 at the close. Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) added 1.86% or 0.018 points to end at 0.985 and National Central Cooling Co. (DU: TABR ) was up 1.48% or 0.030 points to 2.060 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ), which lost 6.37% or 0.130 points to trade at 1.910 in late trade. Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ) declined 1.84% or 0.01 points to end at 0.69 and DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ) shed 1.30% or 0.010 points to 0.760.
The top performers on the ADX General were United Arab Bk (AD: UAB ) which rose 14.48% to 1.660, National Bank of Fujairah PJSC (AD: NBF ) which was up 10.45% to settle at 3.70 and Ad Aviation (AD: ADAV ) which gained 8.33% to close at 2.990.
The worst performers were Al Khaleej Investment Co PJSC (AD: KICO ) which was down 7.50% to 3.70 in late trade, Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which lost 2.60% to settle at 0.750 and Emirates Telec (AD: ETEL ) which was down 1.98% to 17.30 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 18 to 15 and 7 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 16 rose and 7 declined, while 6 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for November delivery was up 1.05% or 0.55 to $52.69 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in December rose 0.61% or 0.35 to hit $57.92 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract fell 0.02% or 0.32 to trade at $1287.48 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was down 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED rose 0.28% to 4.3269.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.20% at 93.08.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or