United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General up 0.38%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Monday, as gains in the Services , Consumer Staples and Insurance sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Telecoms , Finance & Investment and Banking sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General rose 0.38%, while the ADX General index lost 0.09%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were SHUAA Capital PSC (DU: SHUA ), which rose 8.49% or 0.090 points to trade at 1.150 at the close. Islamic Arab Insurance Company (DU: SALAMA ) added 5.15% or 0.025 points to end at 0.510 and Amanat Holdings PJSC (DU: AMANT ) was up 4.17% or 0.050 points to 1.250 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ), which lost 2.28% or 0.060 points to trade at 2.570 in late trade. Union Properties PJSC (DU: UPRO ) declined 1.34% or 0.011 points to end at 0.810 and Dubai Investments PJSC (DU: DINV ) shed 1.24% or 0.030 points to 2.390.
The top performers on the ADX General were Abd Nat Takafu (AD: TKFL ) which rose 11.11% to 5.00, Ad Shipbldg Co (AD: ADSB ) which was up 7.14% to settle at 2.250 and Al Khazna Ins (AD: AKIC ) which gained 3.57% to close at 0.290.
The worst performers were Gulf Cement Co (AD: GCEM ) which was down 5.88% to 0.9600 in late trade, Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which lost 3.17% to settle at 0.610 and Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which was down 3.03% to 0.640 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 19 to 17 and 3 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 13 fell and 10 advanced, while 7 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for December delivery was up 0.05% or 0.03 to $56.77 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in January fell 0.09% or 0.06 to hit $63.46 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract rose 0.37% or 4.69 to trade at $1278.89 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was down 0.01% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED fell 0.15% to 4.2782.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.17% at 94.46.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or