United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General up 0.50%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Real Estate & Construction , Transport and Finance & Investment sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Insurance , Banking and Consumer Staples sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General added 0.50%, while the ADX General index declined 0.30%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ), which rose 3.43% or 0.060 points to trade at 1.810 at the close. Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) added 3.23% or 0.020 points to end at 0.640 and Damac Properties Dubai Co PSC (DU: DAMAC ) was up 2.63% or 0.050 points to 1.950 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Islamic Arab Insurance Company (DU: SALAMA ), which lost 5.28% or 0.039 points to trade at 0.700 in late trade. Deyaar Development PJSC (DU: DEYR ) declined 2.11% or 0.010 points to end at 0.465 and Dubai Islamic Bank (DU: DISB ) shed 1.15% or 0.060 points to 5.160.
The top performers on the ADX General were Natl Bk Of Rak (AD: RAKB ) which rose 1.74% to 4.10, Waha Capital (AD: WAHA ) which was up 0.54% to settle at 1.850 and Emirates Telec (AD: ETEL ) which gained 0.12% to close at 16.68.
The worst performers were Ad Islamic Bk (AD: ADIB ) which was down 3.58% to 3.500 in late trade, Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which lost 2.12% to settle at 0.5090 and Eshraq Properties Co PJSC (AD: ESHR ) which was down 1.91% to 0.6160 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 19 to 13 and 4 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 8 fell and 3 advanced, while 9 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for November delivery was down 0.47% or 0.34 to $71.58 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in December fell 0.23% or 0.19 to hit $81.22 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract fell 0.11% or 1.40 to trade at $1229.60 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.01% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED fell 0.27% to 4.2398.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.25% at 95.02.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or