United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General up 0.57%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Sunday, as gains in the Consumer Staples , Insurance and Banking sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Finance & Investment , Transport and Real Estate & Construction sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General added 0.57%, while the ADX General index declined 0.02%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ), which rose 6.07% or 0.027 points to trade at 0.472 at the close. Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ) added 5.71% or 0.100 points to end at 1.850 and DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ) was up 5.10% or 0.018 points to 0.371 in late trade.
Biggest losers included AJMAN BANK PJSC (DU: AJBNK ), which lost 2.65% or 0.025 points to trade at 0.920 in late trade. Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) declined 1.76% or 0.012 points to end at 0.670 and Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) shed 1.62% or 0.011 points to 0.669.
The top performers on the ADX General were National Takaful Co PJSC (AD: WATA ) which rose 13.33% to 0.51, Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which was up 8.89% to settle at 0.490 and Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which gained 6.19% to close at 1.200.
The worst performers were Ras Al Khaimah National Insurance Co PSC (AD: RAKN ) which was down 8.57% to 3.200 in late trade, International Holding Company PJSC (AD: IHC ) which lost 5.65% to settle at 1.17 and Ad Islamic Bk (AD: ADIB ) which was down 2.62% to 4.090 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 29 to 9 and 2 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 11 fell and 9 advanced, while 6 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for October delivery was up 0.10% or 0.07 to $67.84 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in November rose 0.69% or 0.53 to hit $77.03 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract fell 0.21% or 2.50 to trade at $1201.80 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.01% to 3.6733, while EUR/AED fell 0.60% to 4.2441.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.41% at 95.38.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or