United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General up 0.86%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Insurance , Banking and Real Estate & Construction sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Finance & Investment , Services and Telecoms sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General rose 0.86%, while the ADX General index fell 0.01%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ), which rose 7.95% or 0.140 points to trade at 1.900 at the close. Islamic Arab Insurance Company (DU: SALAMA ) added 4.03% or 0.024 points to end at 0.620 and Gulf General Investments Company (DU: GGIC ) was up 3.82% or 0.010 points to 0.272 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Dubai Investments PJSC (DU: DINV ), which lost 1.58% or 0.030 points to trade at 1.870 in late trade. Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) declined 1.42% or 0.009 points to end at 0.623 and Dubai Financial Market PJSC (DU: DFM ) shed 0.33% or 0.003 points to 0.917.
The top performers on the ADX General were Abu Dhabi National Hotels Co (AD: ADNH ) which rose 5.56% to 2.85, Dana Gas (AD: DANA ) which was up 1.77% to settle at 1.150 and Bank Of Sharja (AD: BOS ) which gained 0.93% to close at 1.080.
The worst performers were Rak Ceramics (AD: RKCE ) which was down 5.86% to 2.250 in late trade, Ad Commercial (AD: ADCB ) which lost 2.92% to settle at 7.66 and Sharjah Islami (AD: SIB ) which was down 1.67% to 1.180 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 26 to 8 and 3 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 12 fell and 9 advanced, while 3 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for November delivery was up 0.52% or 0.37 to $71.14 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in November rose 0.28% or 0.22 to hit $79.62 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract fell 0.07% or 0.90 to trade at $1207.40 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.01% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED rose 0.38% to 4.3043.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.31% at 93.83.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or