United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General down 0.30%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Sunday, as gains in the Transport , Finance & Investment and Consumer Staples sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Insurance , Telecoms and Real Estate & Construction sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General declined 0.30%, while the ADX General index added 0.10%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Gulf General Investments Company (DU: GGIC ), which rose 3.54% or 0.013 points to trade at 0.380 at the close. ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ) added 1.80% or 0.090 points to end at 5.080 and National Central Cooling Co. (DU: TABR ) was up 1.60% or 0.030 points to 1.900 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Takaful House (DU: DTKF ), which lost 5.88% or 0.070 points to trade at 1.120 in late trade. Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) declined 3.40% or 0.033 points to end at 0.939 and Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ) shed 2.60% or 0.02 points to 0.75.
The top performers on the ADX General were Ad Shipbldg Co (AD: ADSB ) which rose 10.66% to 2.700, Methaq (AD: METH ) which was up 2.44% to settle at 0.840 and Eshraq Properties Co PJSC (AD: ESHR ) which gained 0.94% to close at 1.0700.
The worst performers were Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which was down 5.26% to 0.540 in late trade, Union Cement (AD: UCC ) which lost 4.00% to settle at 1.200 and Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which was down 3.39% to 0.570 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 18 to 16 and 1 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 14 fell and 7 advanced, while 6 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for July delivery was down 1.20% or 0.58 to $47.78 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in August fell 1.19% or 0.60 to hit $50.03 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract rose 0.80% or 10.10 to trade at $1280.20 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.00% to 3.6729, while EUR/AED rose 0.61% to 4.1439.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.57% at 96.61.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or