United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General down 0.63%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Insurance , Telecoms and Banking sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Real Estate & Construction , Finance & Investment and Consumer Staples sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General declined 0.63%, while the ADX General index added 0.06%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Takaful House (DU: DTKF ), which rose 7.69% or 0.080 points to trade at 1.120 at the close. Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) added 5.24% or 0.030 points to end at 0.602 and Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ) was up 2.67% or 0.04 points to 1.54 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Emaar Properties PJSC (DU: EMAR ), which lost 2.46% or 0.180 points to trade at 7.140 in late trade. Dubai Investments PJSC (DU: DINV ) declined 1.25% or 0.030 points to end at 2.370 and ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ) shed 1.23% or 0.050 points to 4.000.
The top performers on the ADX General were Em Driving Co (AD: DRIV ) which rose 15.00% to 8.05, Green Crs Ins (AD: GCIC ) which was up 6.67% to settle at 0.640 and Rak Ceramics (AD: RKCE ) which gained 4.17% to close at 2.500.
The worst performers were Methaq (AD: METH ) which was down 3.23% to 0.900 in late trade, Int Fish Farmi (AD: ASMK ) which lost 3.11% to settle at 1.87 and Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which was down 2.67% to 0.730 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 20 to 12 and 6 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 14 rose and 13 declined, while 3 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for February delivery was up 0.50% or 0.27 to $54.17 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in March rose 0.58% or 0.33 to hit $57.16 a barrel, while the February Gold contract fell 0.06% or 0.65 to trade at $1138.15 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.01% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED fell 0.21% to 3.8324.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.22% at 103.23.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or