United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General up 0.95%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Consumer Staples , Services and Transport sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Banking , Telecoms and Real Estate & Construction sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General added 0.95%, while the ADX General index lost 0.31%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ), which rose 10.48% or 0.11 points to trade at 1.16 at the close. Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ) added 4.22% or 0.020 points to end at 0.494 and DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ) was up 4.05% or 0.060 points to 1.540 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Commercial Bank of Dubai P.S.C. (DU: CBD ), which lost 8.93% or 0.490 points to trade at 5.000 in late trade. Mashreqbank PSC (DU: MASB ) unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 points to end at 68.90 and Dubai National Insurance (DU: DNIN ) 0.00% or 0.000 points to 2.500.
The top performers on the ADX General were Al Khazna Ins (AD: AKIC ) which rose 15.00% to 0.460, Int Fish Farmi (AD: ASMK ) which was up 10.49% to settle at 1.79 and Eshraq Properties Co PJSC (AD: ESHR ) which gained 2.56% to close at 0.8000.
The worst performers were Ad Natl Ins Co (AD: ADNI ) which was down 8.30% to 2.210 in late trade, First Gulf Bk (AD: FGB ) which lost 1.74% to settle at 11.30 and Natl Bk Of Ad (AD: NBAD ) which was down 0.68% to 8.75 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 33 to 2 and 3 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 13 rose and 5 declined, while 6 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for November delivery was down 0.76% or 0.39 to $50.96 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in December fell 0.70% or 0.37 to hit $52.77 a barrel, while the December Gold contract fell 0.38% or 4.75 to trade at $1255.65 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was down 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED fell 0.45% to 4.0719.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.52% at 97.41.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or