United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General up 0.97%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Consumer Staples , Finance & Investment and Real Estate & Construction sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Telecoms , Banking and Services sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General gained 0.97% to hit a new 1-month high, while the ADX General index lost 0.13%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Takaful House (DU: DTKF ), which rose 14.91% or 0.079 points to trade at 0.609 at the close. Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) added 7.72% or 0.044 points to end at 0.614 and Dubai Parks and Resorts PJSC (DU: DUBA ) was up 4.05% or 0.060 points to 1.540 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Commercial Bank of Dubai P.S.C. (DU: CBD ), which lost 3.45% or 0.200 points to trade at 5.600 in late trade. National Central Cooling Co. (DU: TABR ) declined 2.86% or 0.040 points to end at 1.360 and AJMAN BANK PJSC (DU: AJBNK ) shed 2.33% or 0.040 points to 1.680.
The top performers on the ADX General were Al Khazna Ins (AD: AKIC ) which rose 13.89% to 0.410, Ad Commercial (AD: ADCB ) which was up 2.75% to settle at 6.35 and Gulf Cement Co (AD: GCEM ) which gained 2.35% to close at 0.8700.
The worst performers were Ad Aviation (AD: ADAV ) which was down 5.86% to 2.730 in late trade, Bank Of Sharja (AD: BOS ) which lost 4.76% to settle at 1.200 and Gulf Pharm Ind (AD: GPHI ) which was down 1.79% to 2.200 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 23 to 7 and 4 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 14 rose and 11 declined, while 7 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was up 0.54% or 0.27 to $50.12 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in August rose 0.36% or 0.18 to hit $50.80 a barrel, while the August Gold contract fell 0.37% or 4.75 to trade at $1267.75 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED rose 0.45% to 4.1501.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.37% at 93.81.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or