United Arab Emirates shares mixed at close of trade; DFM General up 1.28%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were mixed at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Consumer Staples , Banking and Transport sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Finance & Investment , Insurance and Real Estate & Construction sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General gained 1.28%, while the ADX General index fell 0.12%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Dubai Parks and Resorts PJSC (DU: DUBA ), which rose 6.72% or 0.090 points to trade at 1.430 at the close. Emirates NBD PJSC (DU: ENBD ) added 3.53% or 0.290 points to end at 8.500 and Commercial Bank of Dubai P.S.C. (DU: CBD ) was up 1.78% or 0.100 points to 5.720 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Gulf General Investments Company (DU: GGIC ), which lost 2.46% or 0.015 points to trade at 0.595 in late trade. Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ) declined 2.07% or 0.030 points to end at 1.420 and Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) shed 1.76% or 0.010 points to 0.558.
The top performers on the ADX General were Abu Dhabi National Hotels Co (AD: ADNH ) which rose 2.19% to 2.80, Dana Gas (AD: DANA ) which was up 1.89% to settle at 0.540 and Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which gained 1.27% to close at 0.800.
The worst performers were Gulf Medical Projects Co PSC (AD: GMPC ) which was down 3.75% to 2.31 in late trade, Natl Bk Of Ad (AD: NBAD ) which lost 2.79% to settle at 8.01 and Methaq (AD: METH ) which was down 2.38% to 0.820 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 15 to 14 and 6 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 11 rose and 10 declined, while 5 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for July delivery was up 0.59% or 0.29 to $49.85 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in July rose 0.74% or 0.37 to hit $50.11 a barrel, while the June Gold contract rose 0.44% or 5.40 to trade at $1229.20 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was down 0.01% to 3.6728, while EUR/AED rose 0.25% to 4.1073.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.19% at 95.22.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or