UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Jan 24
(Adds company news items, futures)
Jan 24 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is expected to open 16 points higher on Tuesday, according to financial spreadbetters, with futures FFIc1 up 0.3 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* The UK blue chip index fell 0.7 percent, down after the pound rose to a one-month high against the dollar. It ended down 0.66 percent at 7151.18 points on Monday. BT: Britain's BT BT.L cut its revenue, earnings and free cash flow forecasts for 2017 and 2018 on Tuesday after finding that inappropriate accounting behaviour in its Italian business went far deeper than previously thought. GENEL: Genel Energy GENL.L , one of the main oil producers in Iraqi Kurdistan, expects production to fall by up to 34 percent this year, the company said, as it has been unable to invest enough in expanding its oilfields. CREST NICHOLSON: British housebuilder Crest Nicholson CRST.L said it was on-track to significantly boost the number of homes it builds by the end of the decade after it posted a 27 percent expected rise in full-year pretax profit. EASYJET: British low-cost airline easyJet EZJ.L posted first-quarter revenue, cost and passenger numbers in line with its expectations and said forward bookings were ahead of last year. DIXONS CARPHONE: Dixons Carphone DC.L , Britain's largest electricals and mobile phone retailer, on Tuesday beat forecasts for trading in its key Christmas quarter and maintained its profit outlook for the full year. IG GROUP: IG Group Holdings Plc IGG.L , a British online trading company, reported a 7 percent rise in first-half pretax profit on higher trading activity amid market volatility leading up to Britain's vote to leave the European Union and the U.S. presidential election. BOVIS/BERKELEY: British housebuilders Bovis BVS.L and Berkeley BKGH.L see little logic in a merger, sources close to the companies told Reuters, after a media report said an influential Bovis shareholder wrote to Berkeley asking it to consider such a step. ANGLO AMERICAN: Teck Resources TECKb.TO has held talks with fellow miner Anglo American Plc AAL.L about sharing port infrastructure at their neighboring copper mines in Chile, Teck's chief executive officer said on Monday, arguing for more industry partnerships. US/UK TRADE: U.S. President Donald Trump will discuss ways to expand trade with Britain when British Prime Minister Theresa May meets with him at the White House on Friday, although trade may not be the central focus of their conversation, the White House said. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
: visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or